- IBR (Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis), BVD Types 1 and 2 (Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus), PI3 (Parainfluenza 3), and BRSV (Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus).
The freeze-dried vaccine is a preparation of modified live virus (MLV) strains of IBR (Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis), BVD Types 1 and 2 (Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus), PI3 (Parainfluenza 3), and BRSV (Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus), propagated on an established cell line. An adjuvant sterile diluent is provided to rehydrate the freeze-dried component.
Bovi-Shield® GOLD FP 5 is for vaccination of healthy cows and heifers prior to breeding as an aid in preventing abortion caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR), and by bovine virus diarrhoea (BVD) virus Types 1 and 2 ; persistent calf infection caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus Types 1 and 2; respiratory disease caused by IBR, BVD Types 1 and 2, parainfluenza3 (PI3) and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV); and BVD Types 1 and 2 testicular infection. A 12-month duration of immunity has been demonstrated against IBR-induced abortion and persistently infected calves caused by BVD Types 1 and 2. Bovi-Shield® GOLD FP 5 may be administered to pregnant cattle provided they were vaccinated according to label directions with any Bovi-Shield® FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Bovi-Shield® GOLD FP 5 may also be administered to calves nursing pregnant cows provided their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above.
Use only as directed:
- General Directions: Vaccination of healthy cattle is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well, and administer 2 ml intramuscularly, in the muscular region of the neck.
- Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 2 ml dose to all healthy cattle, for optimal foetal protection, animals should be vaccinated one month pre-breeding. Followed by a booster of Bovi-Shield® GOLD FP 5, 3-4 weeks later.
- Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose of Bovi-Shield® GOLD FP 5 is recommended.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
- This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspect, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Do not use in pregnant cows (abortions can result) unless they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any Bovi-Shield® FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency.
- Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine. Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine.
- Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative
- Store at 2 °C - 7 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- A carton containing 10 dose vial of freeze dried vaccine and a 20 ml vial of sterile diluent.
- A carton containing 50 dose vial of freeze dried vaccine and a 100 ml vial of sterile diluent.
|Fax no. for Orders:|
|+27 21 427 6442|
|Email address for Orders:|
|Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No.: 2012/001825/07
|6th Floor, North Wing, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196.|
|+27 11 245 3300 or 0860 ZOETIS (0860 963847)|
Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd
PostNet Suite 53
Private Bag 9976
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.