200 mg Trenbolone Acetate and 28 mg Estradiol Benzoate per implant.
- For improved feed efficiency in cattle fed in confinement for slaughter.
Use only as directed.
- Disinfect the needle before each new implantation by wiping it with gauze saturated with methylated spirits or other approved disinfectant. Never sacrifice careful, clean technique for speed of implantation. Clean the implantation site (back side of the ear) with gauze soaked in disinfectant.
- Dosage: One implant (eight pellets) is administered to each animal by subcutaneous implantation in the middle third of the ear with the Synovex® implant applicator. Implant complete contents of one cartridge cell per animal. Maintain pressure for a few seconds on the puncture wound after needle withdrawal.
Step 1. Restraint. The animal must be confined in a restraint mechanism (squeeze chute or head clamp). The implant site on the back of the ear should be prepared by scrubbing with a generous sized piece of cotton wool that has been soaked in a germicidal solution.
- Note: If implanting horned cattle, greater safety is provided when the head is controlled by use of nose tongs.
Step 2. Loading the applicator:
- Insert the cartridge containing the 10 treatment units into the applicator chamber after opening the applicator by releasing the catch underneath the applicator. The blue line on the cartridge should be lined up with the lines on the cartridge chamber and applicator. Close the chamber.
Step 3. Implant site:
- NB: For subcutaneous ear implantation only. Divide the ear into three imaginary sections as illustrated. The implanted 8 pellets should be deposited in the centre one-third of the ear as shown. To accomplish this, the implanted needle should be inserted in the MIDDLE one-third of the ear as indicated by the "X" in the illustration. Implanting too close to the head may cause increased sexual attractiveness. Care should be taken to avoid severing the major arteries of the ear.
Step 4. Insert needle:
- Grasp the ear with one hand. Holding the applicator firmly with the other hand, penetrate the skin at the point shown by the "X". Thrust the needle under the skin taking care not to penetrate the cartilage. Ease the implanter forward (towards the base of the ear) until the full needle length is beneath the skin.
Step 5. Pellet implantation:
- NB: Avoid crushing the pellets.
- When the needle is completely inserted, withdraw it approximately two centimetres.
- Expel the pellets by depressing the trigger mechanism on the handle while continuing to slowly withdraw the needle. This avoids crushing or breaking the pellets that might otherwise occur if they were forced through the fibrous tissues under the skin. Crushing or breaking of pellets may result in increased sexual attractiveness.
NB: Implant complete contents of one treatment unit (8 pellets) per animal.
Step 6. Withdrawal:
- Withdraw the needle and check the implant site. If properly administered the 8 pellets should lie in a straight line under the skin. After 10 implants the cartridge will not be able to turn any more. Discard empty cartridge and reload with a new cartridge
- Keep all parts of instrument lightly oiled when not in use.
- It is recommended that the needle of the applicator be disinfected after each implant. This procedure, when properly executed, will minimise the possible transmission of disease from animal to animal. Follow the manufacturer's recommendation for proper dilution and use of germicidal solution. Remove excess germicidal solution from needle by vigorous shaking before reusing.
- There is no withdrawal period.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- Do not use in animals intended for subsequent breeding or in dairy animals.
- Only for use in cattle in feedlot or fattening pens.
- Handle with care. Harmful if swallowed.
- Implant pellets in the ear only; any other location may result in condemnation of the carcass. Do not attempt salvage of implanted site for human or animal food.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Store away from food and feed.
- Store unopened product in a cool, dry place. Avoid excessive heat and humidity. Use product before the expiration date printed on foil pouch. Once the pouch is opened, unused product may be stored in the ziplock pouch (away from light) for up to 6 months under refrigerated conditions or between 15 °C - 30 °C for up to 1 month.
- Plastic cartridge containing 10 rows of 8 pellets each (10 doses). Ten cartridges are packed per aluminium pouch (100 doses). Pouch is contained within an outer carton with leaflet. The Synovex® applicator has to be obtained separately
Revolver: The Synovex® Revolver is reliable and easy to use. All-metal construction stands up to tough use and extreme conditions. Comes with a “calf adapter” that shortens the needle for suckling calves.
SX10® BLACK Advanced implanting device: The SX10® gun is the choice for consistent, accurate and quality implanting, time after time. Its exclusive retractable needle always deposits implants in an even row and helps prevent crushed or bunched implants.
|Fax no. for Orders:|
|+27 21 427 6442|
|Email address for Orders:|
|Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No.: 2012/001825/07
|6th Floor, North Wing, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196.|
|+27 11 245 3300 or 0860 ZOETIS (0860 963847)|
Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd
PostNet Suite 53
Private Bag 9976
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.