WITNESS™ BoviD-5 Test Kit is a chromatographic immunoassay.
This test detects the presence of Cryptosporidium Sp. antigen, Rotavirus antigen, Coronavirus antigen, Escherichia coli K99 antigen and Giardia lamblia antigen in calf faeces.
WITNESS™ BoviD-5 Test Kit has two letters which are test line (“T”) and control line (“C”) on the surface of the device. Test line and control line in the result window are not visible before applying any sample. The control line is a reference line which indicates the test is performing properly. The control line has to appear every time the test is performed. If the antigens are present in the sample, a purple test line would appear in the result window.
- The test should be performed with the calf faeces.
- The samples should be tested immediately after collection.
- If samples are not immediately tested, they should be refrigerated at 2 °C – 8 °C for up to 24 hours. For longer storage, freeze the specimen at -20 °C or below.
- The amount of faeces on the swab may affect the results. It is required to follow the guidelines for amount of faeces on the swab as shown in the picture below. Excessive faecal amount may induce a false positive result and slow migration.
- Collect faecal samples using a disposable swab.
- Insert the faeces sample into an assay diluent tube.
- Mix the sampling swab until the sample has been dissolved into the assay diluent.
- Leave the tube until the large particles have settled down to the bottom of the tube. (Approximately 1 minute)
- Remove the test devices from the foil pouch, and place it on a ﬂat and dry surface.
- Using the disposable dropper, take the supernatant sample in the tube.
- Add four (4) drops into the each sample hole using a disposable dropper, drop by drop vertically.
- As the test begins to work, you will see purple color move across the result window in the center of the test device. If the migration has not appeared after 1 minute, add one more drop of the mixed sample to the sample hole.
- Interpret test results at 10 minutes. Do not read after 20 minutes.
- This test is for in-vitro diagnostic use only.
- This test detects the presence of Cryptosporidium Sp. antigen, Rotavirus antigen, Coronavirus antigen, Escherichia coli K99 antigen and Giardia lamblia antigen in the sample and should not be used as the sole criterion for the diagnosis.
Other clinically or laboratory tests might be required if questionable results are obtained. A definitive clinical diagnosis should not be based on the result of a single test, but should be diagnosed by the veterinarian after all clinical and laboratory findings have been evaluated.
- For best results, strict compliance to these instructions is required.
- All samples should be handled as being potentially infectious. Wear protective gloves while handling samples. Wash hands thoroughly afterwards.
- Do not open or remove test devices from individually sealed pouches before use.
- Do not reuse test components.
- All reagents must be at room temperature before running the assay.
- Do not use the test kit beyond the stated expiration date marked on the package label.
- The components in this kit have been quality control tested as a standard batch unit. Do not mix components from different lot numbers.
- The assay diluents contain low concentration of sodium azide as a preservative. Sodium azide is toxic and should be handled carefully to avoid ingestion and skin contact.
- The kits can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated (2 °C – 30 °C).
- The test kit is stable through the expiration date marked on the package label.
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Do not store the test kits in direct sunlight.
- 10 WITNESS™ BoviD-5 Test Devices
- 10 Assay diluent tubes
- 10 Disposable droppers
- 10 Disposable swabs
- 1 Instructions for use
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE COMPILATION OF THIS DOCUMENT, READERS ARE REQUESTED TO REFER TO THE PACKAGE INSERT FOR COMPLETE DETAILS BEFORE USING THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT.
|Fax no. for Orders:|
|+27 21 427 6442|
|Email address for Orders:|
|Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No.: 2012/001825/07
|6th Floor, North Wing, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196.|
|+27 11 245 3300 or 0860 ZOETIS (0860 963847)|
Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd
PostNet Suite 53
Private Bag 9976
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.