Injectable antiparasitic remedy/vaccine/mineral/vitamin.
Contains 0,5 % m/v moxidectin combined with antigens of Clostridium perfringens Type D (Pulpy kidney), Cl.chauvoei (blackleg), Cl.septicum (malignant oedema), Cl.novyi Type B (gangrene) and Cl.tetani (tetanus) as well as Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis (caseous lymphadenitis) with selenium (as sodium selenate) 1,0 mg/ml and vitamin B12 (as hydroxocobalamin acetate) 1,0 mg/ml supplements.
CYDECTIN® EWEGUARD® with Selenium and Vitamin B12 is for the vaccination of healthy, adult sheep against pulpy kidney, black quarter (quarter evil), malignant oedema, gangrene, tetanus and caseous lymphadenitis and the treatment and control of internal and external parasites as well as for selenium and vitamin B12 supplementation.
- Use only as directed.
- Shake well before use and keep thoroughly mixed during use.
- Once opened, contents should be used within 24 hours.
Controls the following parasites of adult sheep when given at the recommended dose.
* Controls >90 % effective
** Aids in control: 60 % - 89 % effective
x Ineffective: <60 % effective
# Period between treatment and re-infection.
Nasalworm (Oestrus ovis): Controls nasal bot larvae (1st, 2nd and 3rd instar larvae).
Kills sheep scab mites*
Controls itch mites
Kills sucking lice of sheep
*Sheep scab is a controlled disease – Government regulations apply.
Administer by subcutaneous injection high up in the neck behind the ear only.
Animal mass (kg) Dosage required (ml) No. dosses (per 500 ml) Up to 50 2 250 51 - 62 2,5 200 63 - 75 3 166 > 75 kg 1 ml per 25 kg
Vaccinates against the following diseases:
Clostridium perfringens type D (pulpy kidney)
Cl. chauvoei (blackleg or quarter evil)
Cl. septicum (malignant oedema)
Cl. novyi type B (gangrene)
Cl. tetani (tetanus)
Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis (caseous lymphadenitis or cheesy gland).
- DO NOT TREAT ANIMALS WEIGHING LESS THAN 30 KG.
- Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 28 days of last treatment.
- Not to be used in animals producing milk for human consumption.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals
- Do not use in animals that have been vaccinated with footrot vaccine
- Avoid accidental self-injection.
- Do not inject intramuscularly or intravenously.
- Once opened, contents should be used within 24 hours
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Only use on adult stock, not lambs.
- Only use in cobalt and selenium deficient areas.
- Do not use in young, undernourished or emaciated animals.
- Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze. Protect from light.
- 500 ml flat plastic pillow pack containing 250 x 2 ml doses.
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE COMPILATION OF THIS DOCUMENT, READERS ARE REQUESTED TO REFER TO THE PACKAGE INSERT FOR COMPLETE DETAILS BEFORE USING THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT.
|Fax no. for Orders:|
|+27 21 427 6442|
|Email address for Orders:|
|Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No.: 2012/001825/07
|6th Floor, North Wing, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196.|
|+27 11 245 3300 or 0860 ZOETIS (0860 963847)|
Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd
PostNet Suite 53
Private Bag 9976
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.