- Injectable Endectocide
- Moxidectin 1 % m/v
Cattle: Cydectin Injectable is effective against the following parasites of cattle when given subcutaneously at the recommended dose of 1 ml per 50 kg live mass:
- Internal parasites: (See Table below).
- Parafilaria: Cydectin Injectable aids in the control of Parafilaria (False Bruising).
- External parasites: Cydectin Injectable kills sucking lice and mange mites and controls blue ticks Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) spp. for up to 28 days
*Control = More than 90% effective.
1Persistency: Period between treatment and reinfection.
Sheep: Cydectin Injectable is effective against the following parasites of sheep when given subcutaneously or intramuscularly at the recommended dose of 0,1 ml per 5 kg live mass:
- Internal parasites: (See Table below).
- Nasalworm (Oestrus ovis): Cydectin Injectable controls nasal bot larvae (first, second and third instar larvae)
- External parasites: Cydectin Injectable kills sheep scab mites and sucking lice and controls itch mites.
* Controls > 90% effective
** Aids in control: 60% - 89% effective
x Ineffective: < 60% effective
# Persistency: Period between treatment and reinfection.
Ostriches: Cydectin Injectable controls immature and adult wireworm (Libyostrongylus douglassi).
Use only as directed.
- Administration: Cydectin Injectable can be administered by subcutaneous injection in cattle and intramuscular injection in ostriches only. It can however be injected by the subcutaneous or intramuscular routes in sheep. The remedy may be administered with any standard automatic or single dose equipment. Use aseptic technique and sterile equipment.
- Cattle: Inject cattle under loose skin in front of or behind the shoulder. Use a 18 G, 20 mm needle.
- Sheep: Inject under loose skin behind the shoulder, under the foreleg or on the inside of the thigh or intramuscularly in the leg. Ensure that the needle is carefully inserted and that the remedy does not leak from the injection site. In woollen sheep, be certain that the needle has penetrated the skin before delivering the dose. For the treatment of sheep scab outbreaks, two injections with an interval of seven days, is recommended.
NB Sheep scab is a controlled disease and suspected outbreaks must be reported to a State Veterinarian. Treatment of suspected or confirmed outbreaks must be under Government supervision.
- Dosage: Cydectin Injectable is to be administered at the recommended dosage of 0,1 ml per 5 kg (0,5 ml per 25 kg) live mass. Use the following dosage schedule for cattle, sheep and ostriches. Weigh all animals or use a mass measuring tape in cattle to determine the correct dose. In sheep and ostriches of less than 25 kg, inject at 0,1 ml per 5 kg using a suitable syringe.
Live mass (kg)
Number of doses per 500 ml pack
0,1 / 5 kg
More than 500
1 ml / 50 kg
- Safety: Cydectin Injectable is safe at the recommended dosage and may be used in pregnant and breeding animals. Observe all warnings and precautions.
- Not to be used in animals producing milk for human consumption.
- Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 28 days of last treatment.
- Do not inject intravenously.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling the product.
- Store bottle in carton to protect from light.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Poisonous if swallowed. Will irritate eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Animals should be vaccinated against pulpy kidney and black quarter before treatment.
- Destroy empty containers and do not re-use for any other purpose.
- Store the product away from direct sunlight and at temperatures below 25 °C.
- 50 ml
- 500 ml
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE COMPILATION OF THIS DOCUMENT, READERS ARE REQUESTED TO REFER TO THE PACKAGE INSERT FOR COMPLETE DETAILS BEFORE USING THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT.
|Fax no. for Orders:|
|+27 21 427 6442|
|Email address for Orders:|
|Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No.: 2012/001825/07
|6th Floor, North Wing, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196.|
|+27 11 245 3300 or 0860 ZOETIS (0860 963847)|
Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd
PostNet Suite 53
Private Bag 9976
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.