- Injectable Endectocide
- Long acting antiparasitic remedy with long residual activity against certain important roundworms and scab mite infections of sheep.
- Moxidectin 2 % m/v
- Effective against the following nematodes of sheep when given subcutaneously at the recommended dose of 1 ml per 20 kg live mass
* Controls >90% effective
x Ineffective: <60% effective
# Period between treatment and reinfection.
Nasal worm (Oestrus ovis): CYDECTIN® LA INJECTABLE FOR SHEEP controls Nasal worm (first, second and third instar larvae).
External parasites: CYDECTIN® LA INJECTABLE FOR SHEEP kills Sheep Scab Mites, Sucking Lice and controls Itch Mites.
Important: Sheep scab is a controlled disease and treatment of suspected or confirmed outbreaks must be under government supervision.
- Use only as directed. Administer only at the recommended dosage of 1 ml per 20 kg body mass. Use the dosage schedule below for sheep. Weigh all animals to determine the correct dosage and use appropriate syringes
- Administer by subcutaneous injection at the base of the ear or high on the neck behind the ear. The remedy may be administered with any standard single dose or automatic equipment. Use aseptic technique and sterile syringes and needles. The remedy may be used concurrently with other treatments including vaccines and mineral supplements.
- Inject the animal under the loose skin at the base of the ear. Ensure that the needle is carefully inserted and that the remedy does not leak from the injection site. In woolled sheep, ensure that the needle has penetrated the skin before delivering the dose.
Live mass (kg)
Number of doses per 500 ml pack
- Not to be used in sheep producing milk for human consumption.
- Do not slaughter sheep for human consumption within 91 days of last treatment.
- Do not inject intramuscularly or intravenously.
- Do not use in young, undernourished or emaciated animals.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Do not drink, eat or smoke while handling the product.
- Store bottle in carton to protect from light.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use. Poisonous if swallowed. Will irritate eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Sheep should be vaccinated against pulpy kidney disease and black quarter before treatment.
- Destroy empty containers and do not use for any other purpose.
Safety: May be used in pregnant and breeding animals. Observe all warnings and precautions.
- Store the product away from direct sunlight and at a temperature below 25 °C
- 500 ml flat plastic pillow pack.
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE COMPILATION OF THIS DOCUMENT, READERS ARE REQUESTED TO REFER TO THE PACKAGE INSERT FOR COMPLETE DETAILS BEFORE USING THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT.
|Fax no. for Orders:|
|+27 21 427 6442|
|Email address for Orders:|
|Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No.: 2012/001825/07
|6th Floor, North Wing, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196.|
|+27 11 245 3300 or 0860 ZOETIS (0860 963847)|
Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd
PostNet Suite 53
Private Bag 9976
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.