Purified adjuvant vaccine consisting of an antigenically balanced mixture of toxoids of CI. perfringens Type D and Cl. tetani including Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis antigen concentrate. Thiomersal 0,1 mg/ml is added as a preservative.
- For the control of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA or cheesy gland) and the prevention of enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease due to CI. perfringens Type D) and tetanus.
- Use only as directed.
- This product must be injected only under the skin (subcutaneously). If possible inject high on the neck behind the ear. The proposed site of inoculation may be cleaned by swabbing with cotton wool soaked in an antiseptic solution. It is important that the vaccine is kept properly mixed before and during use.
Sheep and Goats, including lambs and kids:
- Give 1 ml followed by a second dose of 1 ml administered four (4) weeks later. The first dose should not be given to lambs before three weeks of age as young lambs are less likely to develop protective immunity to CLA. A booster dose of 1 ml given twelve months after the two basic doses should confer lifelong immunity against tetanus, but may not do so against enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney) or caseous lymphadenitis (CLA). All animals should receive annual booster doses to control CLA. Goats require regular revaccination at six monthly intervals to maintain effective immunity against enterotoxaemia. Sheep may require annual booster doses to maintain effective immunity against enterotoxaemia in areas where the risk of this disease is known to be high. Where possible, booster doses should be given prior to the time of maximum risk, for example transfer to lush pasture or grain feeding in the case of enterotoxaemia.
Pregnant ewes and does:
- If they have not been previously vaccinated, 1 ml should be injected at the time of mating and a second dose of 1 ml should be given within about four weeks of the expected date of lambing or kidding. If they have been previously vaccinated, the dose at mating may be omitted. Ewes and does properly vaccinated will not only be protecting themselves, but should also pass temporary immunity to their lambs and kids in the colostrum or “first milk” which should protect them for the first six to eight weeks of their lives.
- Withholding period: NIL.
- Keep out of reach of children and uninformed persons.
- Although this product has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Sterilise all injections apparatus by boiling in water for ten minutes before use. Avoid use of strong disinfectants on apparatus.
- Maintain cleanliness at all times during vaccination. Great care must be taken to avoid contamination of the vaccine, needle and internal parts of the syringe by contact with unsterile surfaces or unwashed hands.
- Keep needles sharp and clean. Replace frequently.
- Use the shortest possible needle, not exceeding 15 mm in length. Avoid injection of animals during wet weather or under dusty conditions. Animals should preferable be inoculated in temporary yards on clean grass, as shearing sheds and fixed mustering yards are likely to be heavily contaminated with clostridial spores.
- Localised swelling may develop at the site of injection and a firm nodular lump may persist for some weeks or even months. There may be temporary lameness. Goats may develop signs of anaphylactoid shock shortly after vaccination. Keep animals under close observation for one hour after vaccination and call a veterinarian immediately if signs of shock become evident.
Store at 2 °C - 8 °C (do not freeze). Protect from light.
100 ml (100 dose)
250 ml (250 dose)
DISCLAIMER: ALTHOUGH GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE COMPILATION OF THIS DOCUMENT, READERS ARE REQUESTED TO REFER TO THE PACKAGE INSERT FOR COMPLETE DETAILS BEFORE USING THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT.
|Fax no. for Orders:|
|+27 21 427 6442|
|Email address for Orders:|
|Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No.: 2012/001825/07
|6th Floor, North Wing, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196.|
|+27 11 245 3300 or 0860 ZOETIS (0860 963847)|
Zoetis South Africa (Pty) Ltd
PostNet Suite 53
Private Bag 9976
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
You are leaving the country website to access another site in the group.
Regulatory constraints and medical practices vary from country to country. Consequently, the information provided on the site in which you enter may not be suitable for use in your country.